The Doppelnganger


Do you ever have people tell you that you look like someone they know? This happens to me all the time. It used to happen to me a lot more when I was younger but now that I'm older it does not happen as often. It is kind of fun to think you have someone that you look like. When I was little, I was told that I looked just like Laura Ingalls Wilder from Little House on the Prairie. And I did. I totally identified with her character too. I was pretty much the happy-go-lucky, semi-naive kid that stuck up for the underdog and took on the evil Nelly Olsen types.  
Later on in my 20's the Judds were all the rage and I got told constantly that I looked like Wynonna Judd. So much so that one time in the 90s, when I had on all black, including cowboy boots coming out of a Starbucks a guy stopped me and swore I was Wynonna. By far this was the most hilarious doppelganger sighting I've ever encountered because the guy wanted my autograph. I just had to walk away. I swear it is only because of my red hair. Most recently, in my later years I have been told by more than one person that I look like Maureen O'Hara - classically paired up with John Wayne in many a western. This is the doppelganger that I am most happy with. Every encounter I've had with someone who says I am a doppelganger of someone they know has been a positive impact on my life because you end up having a conversation with that person about the person you remind them of. It has never been someone they dislike.

Popular posts from this blog

Stopping Overshopping

You gotta have courage to marry ME!!!!

SNAP OUT OF IT!