Sweet Home Alabama

Almost everyone in the world knows this song - it evokes so many emotions from pride to prejudice. Every coverband HATES this song almost as much as FREEBIRD. I never minded it - probably because I am proud to be from Alabama. People make fun of our state. But I've known Alabama to be a place of great memories, love and family - for my whole life. I was born here in Huntsville on May 3, 1965. My mom and dad met on Redstone Arsenal - where both worked on the 1960s space program in different capacities. Huntsville is sort of a junior Atlanta, with a lot of transplants who are here working in the aerospace field since NASA is located here. I don't remember living here, because we moved to Florida when I was 3 months old. Hayesland was our neighborhood. It is still here, and JoPo has driven me by our former house often. It would have been a great place to grow up had we not moved around. I would spend the next 45 years of my life off and on coming to Huntsville and Athens to visit my family. I will always consider myself FROM Alabama, born but not raised here. I am proud to be from the great state of Alabama and hail from the Rocket City.

Popular posts from this blog

Stopping Overshopping

You gotta have courage to marry ME!!!!

SNAP OUT OF IT!